Innovate. Disrupt. Challenge. Grow. Work with the best.
IRI reinvents how people make decisions, take action and optimize performance by unifying technology, analytics and data. Our clients are among the largest, most respected and most innovative manufacturers, retailers, agencies and consultancies in the world, and they use our solutions and cloud-based leading technology platform to drive greater growth in their business. Our data is also used from Wall Street to The White House - by anyone who wants the most accurate and current market information.
Summer Intern Experience
IRI offers a full summer intern program to ensure ALL of our intern's gain...
* Knowledge about the industry we exist in and the clients we serve;
* Experience working on active projects that have actual impact on our business;
* Training on technical tools and behavioral skills that are critical to an employee's success;
* Networking and mentor opportunities that can create personal connections lasting far beyond the summer.
Retail Internship Locations include: Chicago, Cincinnati, Boston, Charlotte, and fully remote
The Summer Intern's role with an IRI Retail Team
A Retail Intern that participates in the 2023 Intern Program are assigned to teams which may include:
- Retail Client Insights
- Support a team responsible for helping a Retail client understand their performance relative to the market and identify opportunities to grow their business and share of the market.
- Projects may include category management and merchandising support on a go-to-market strategy, custom survey work, etc.
- RSi Retail Team
- Help expand the global retail footprint and ensure that we are delivering high value outcomes at each of our new and established programs.
- Projects may include assisting with RFPs and other new business development opportunities, driving expansion of our CRM capabilities, supporting though leadership initiatives and creating content.
- Retail Gateways
- The Gateway Customer Success team develops sales collateral and sales support materials to facilitate the Gateway commercial process. Customer Success team also develops and facilitates a variety of client engagement programs to build engagement and impact across manufacturer and retailer clients post-sale.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree, with a preferred focus in business, statistics, mathematics, economics or other quantitative field of study.
- Anticipated Graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Experience in or knowledge of the Retail or CPG industry preferred (e.g., School projects, case study, or relevant work experience).
- Academic knowledge/coursework in finance, economics, statistics, marketing or marketing analytics, data visualization, and/or logic is preferred
- Strong intellectual curiosity and critical thinking ability, relentless attention to detail, strong written/verbal communication, ability to work collaboratively on a team, etc.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint as well as experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense, etc.)
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
- Creative problem solving skills, ability to frame a business problem, design and execute an analysis plan, and understand and synthesize data findings into business insights and translate into creative data visualizations
IRI is a fast-growing, leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help CPG, OTC health care organizations, retailers, and financial services and media companies grow their businesses. With the largest repository of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated into an on-demand, cloud-based technology platform, IRI is empowering the personalization revolution, helping to guide its more than 5,000 clients around the world in their quests to remain relentlessly relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers, collaborate with key constituents and deliver market-leading growth. For more information, visit .
There are seven key values embedded in our DNA and that embody everything we do:
Integrity, Servant Leaders, Inclusive, Accountable, Disciplined, Entrepreneurial, Respect
We're thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new "aha moments!" by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Integrity, Servant Leadership, Inclusivity, Accountability, Discipline, Entrepreneurship, and Respect.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster
can we insert a link to the poster that works or is this line necessary? IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.